Politics, guns, my home town and surrounding areas, loathing, and the observations of a very grumpy white male living in a suburb of Boston. "Lynn, Lynn, city of sin. You never come out the way you went in. Ask for water, they give you a gin... it's the darndest city I ever been in."

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Where's the Pics Dude?

My very good friend John and I were joking about the Iraqi stampede this morning. We got out our Foreigner to American Casualty Conversion Chart and it turns out it's actually not that big a deal. It turns out 700 Iraqis is still only equal to 1 American's big toe and as tragic as it is for an American to lose their big toe, it's hardly a major tragedy. I commented that I was surprised there almost no pictures of this "tragic" event online and John pointed that the media doesn't post pictures of savages trampling over there own people but they have no problem posting pictures of wounded American soldiers. Of course if these 700+ Iraqis had died at the hands of our soldiers the pictures would be in the front page of the Boston Globe.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Milton, NH, United States
What can I say? Every thing's chicken but the gravy!