Politics, guns, my home town and surrounding areas, loathing, and the observations of a very grumpy white male living in a suburb of Boston. "Lynn, Lynn, city of sin. You never come out the way you went in. Ask for water, they give you a gin... it's the darndest city I ever been in."

Sunday, August 28, 2005

In the words of Toby Keith...

I'm not as good as I once was.

Good Lord. I took a part-time job as a package-handler (Heh, package-handler.) at UPS for extra money while may wife stays home with my daughter, not to mention that once my benefits kick in it will save me the $492.00 dollars a month that I am paying for health insurance now. (Thanks Local 42.) (Oh yeah, I'll save my rant about the fact that I pay $492.00 a month for insurance while illegal immigrants wander into the emergency room and get treated on the tax payers dime for some time when I have more energy.)

Anyway, I would just like to say that this is the hardest gol-dang work I've ever done in my life. Being fat and 33 years old is no condition to take a job where you move HEAVY stuff from one place to another for 4 hours a night, 5 days a week. (After selling auto parts to mechanics who refuse to provide me with what kind of cars they are REALLY working on for 11 hours a day.) I've never felt more broken than when I get home from that hellhole of a facility.

On the bright side, if UPS doesn't kill me I'm going to be built like a brick shit house in about a month.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Milton, NH, United States
What can I say? Every thing's chicken but the gravy!