Politics, guns, my home town and surrounding areas, loathing, and the observations of a very grumpy white male living in a suburb of Boston. "Lynn, Lynn, city of sin. You never come out the way you went in. Ask for water, they give you a gin... it's the darndest city I ever been in."

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Gas Theft.

I can't believe it's starting already.

I woke up on my my couch at 4:00 AM. As I was shutting off the TV and the lights as noticed the motion sensor flood light in my yard go off. I grabbed my 12 gauge and ran downstairs to see what was going on. I stood on my back porch Remington in hand and yelled,"Who the fuck is out here?"

I started to come off the steps to do a walk around of my house to make sure there were no signs of someone breaking in.(My sister lives on the first floor.) There was a truck that I had never seen before in the drive way with the driver's door wide open and the interior light on. I went back in to make sure it belonged to a friend of my sister"s and was not abandoned. It did indeed belong to friend of hers who had crashed on the couch.(His ass better be on the couch!) I told him his truck was open and to go make sure nothing was stolen.

After I went back upstairs it went off again, which leads me to believe someone may have been hiding in my neighbors yard waiting for the guy with the shotgun to go away. I went downstairs and did another walk around. This time with a pistol. I stayed up for a while and watched the yard from my second floor porch with my SW99 compact at the ready.(It's not good to stand in front of your house with a 12 gauge and a flashlight, especially on a busy street.) While I was waiting I saw a neighbor's motion sensor light go off. Who knows if it was related. Eventually my adrenaline lowered to a level where I could go back to sleep.

I figured someone tried to steal stuff out friend of my sister's truck.

I didn't put 2 and 2 together until today when I went out and noticed the gas door on my pickup was open. That's what set the motion sensor off. The must have had plenty of time to mess with the other pickup truck but when they got to mine it set off the light.

Goldangit! If they got mine the next step probably would have been to force the gas door open on my wife's Lexus, causing body damage. Holy Shit I would have been pissed.

Get a motion light and a shotgun, these are crazy times.

(Would I have shot someone for trying to steal gas? Nah, probably not. Unless they were stupid enough to attack the guy with the shotgun. Would I point it at them and let them put a load in their Levi's? Absolutely.)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Milton, NH, United States
What can I say? Every thing's chicken but the gravy!