Politics, guns, my home town and surrounding areas, loathing, and the observations of a very grumpy white male living in a suburb of Boston. "Lynn, Lynn, city of sin. You never come out the way you went in. Ask for water, they give you a gin... it's the darndest city I ever been in."

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

56 Years Old.

So I was over my parents house this past weekend and I saw a returned package on the kitchen table. My Dad told me he sent it to his best friend Buddy Mage over in Afghanistan and for some reason it didn't make it.

Woah. Wait a fucking minute. Buddy is my Dad's best friend when he was growing up in the mining hills of Pennsylvania. Buddy, like my Dad, is 56 years old! Granted he's an Army reservist but give me a fucking break. George Bush, the Idiot I voted for, needs 56 year old men to go to a dangerouis shithole like Afghanistan?

I know, I know. It's all Bill Clinton's fault, he downsized the military...blah blah blah.

Fuck that.

This is George's mess. How about this...If you don't have the resources to go to war, dont. Unless you are willing to get your balls out of your pocket and use some of the awesome weaponry at our disposal, DON"T FUCKING GET INVOLVED. If if IS important enough for us to get involved USE THE FUCKING BIG GUNS not boots filled with 56 year old men.

So, as if that's not bad enough...

They dicked him around.

They told him he was shipping out 3 FUCKING TIMES.

Buddy is recently divorced. He and his wife split with the understanding she would get the house and she would leave his pension alone. So, Buddy rents.

So, 3 FUCKING times Buddy had to put all his belongings into storage and get rid of his apartment. 3 FUCKING TIMES!

That's how we treat our soldiers and the government cant figure out why no one wants to join and no one wants to re-up.

Fucking disgraceful.

Mom, if you read this I apologize for the gratuitous use of the word 'fucking."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Milton, NH, United States
What can I say? Every thing's chicken but the gravy!