Politics, guns, my home town and surrounding areas, loathing, and the observations of a very grumpy white male living in a suburb of Boston. "Lynn, Lynn, city of sin. You never come out the way you went in. Ask for water, they give you a gin... it's the darndest city I ever been in."

Friday, February 29, 2008

My wicked pissa easy creamy potato soup recipe

2 medium potatoes washed not peeled diced
2 carrots peeled diced
2 medium onions diced
2 tablespoons healthy oil (olive, canola...)
Seasoning. I use a dash of Cavenders Greek Seasoning.
Can of stock. I use chicken but any kind will work well.

Nothing is exact. You can fuck around with ingredients and amounts and still come out with something really good so don't sweat it. It's only fucking soup.

Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
Throw all the vegetables in the pan and stir fry until the onions are transparent and the potatoes are soft. A little brown is fine. Maybe even good. What do I know?
Pour in can of stock and bring to simmer for about 5 minutes.
While its still hot pour it all into a blender. (It may be dangerous to pour hot shit into a blender. I have no idea. Don't fucking blame me if you fuck up your blender or burn yourself. Use your judgment.)
Blast that fucker until it's liquefied and creamy.
Pour it back into the sauce pan with very low heat and season it to taste. It will come back to a simmer very quickly. It doesn't need much seasoning so don't over do it you hard on.
Garnish it with grated cheddar and maybe a few croƻtons.
Pour out a glass of something malty. A nice Scotch ale or double bock is nice.
Have some fucking soup.
You'll be surprised how good it is.
I don't know people feel you need to use cream or milk to make creamy soup. You don't. You'll see.



----------------
Now playing: Motorhead - Stay Out Of Jail
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Milton, NH, United States
What can I say? Every thing's chicken but the gravy!