Politics, guns, my home town and surrounding areas, loathing, and the observations of a very grumpy white male living in a suburb of Boston. "Lynn, Lynn, city of sin. You never come out the way you went in. Ask for water, they give you a gin... it's the darndest city I ever been in."

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Faded Glory.

So, my buddy and I got into a discussion about Wal-Mart the other day. "They're bad, they're not that bad...blah blah blah." I won't bore you with it.

This morning, while I was in the head taking a Kennedy, since my pants were around my ankles I decided to take a look at the tags on my $10 Wal-Mart jeans. (Get off my balls, I'm on a budget and I need pants for work. Well, do I? Yeah I do.)

After I little searching, I found that my jeans are made in Pakistan. Hmmmm. OK.

Then, I looked at the back tag. "Faded Glory. The way America lives"

You gotta' be kidding me. Is that a joke. Pakistanis must be pissing themselves while the sew these things up. Faded Glory? Jeez. Was there already a trade mark on "Fallen Empire?" How about "Former Superpower."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow... kinda shocking. And very disappointing that Walmart doesn't see the hypocrasy in this.

About Me

My photo
Milton, NH, United States
What can I say? Every thing's chicken but the gravy!